Monday, October 12, 2015

Characters in Costume

Hi everyone and welcome, it's the first day of the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge and she has challenged the team to use her fabulous character dies - appropriately for October - in costume.
 
NEWS FLASH!!
Karen Burniston Character Dies & Props are on sale starting today through Friday, 20% off
 
A few years ago when the Disney movie, Toy Story 3, came out Mac and I went to see it.  We were the only adults in the theater without children.  I decided to use the movie as my inspiration and made a 5" X 7" tent card.  After making all my characters I thought it would be fun to stage them in, what else, an Etch A Sketch.   My friend Susie got this new foiling machine by Hiedi Swapp and she graciously agreed to let me use it for the gold lettering, thanks Susie.  I am very pleased with the results and hope you enjoy my take on the challenge. 
 
 
Cast of Characters
All the products I used are linked below-
 
Chilly the Penguin posing as Mr. Potato Head
 
 Add all pieces of the second layer cut from brown and then add the features.  The eyebrows were made from the brim of the hat shown below from Props 6 (coming soon). The nose is made from the swim mask in Props 3.


Cocoa the Horse posing as Woody the Sheriff
A small alteration of the hat in Props 6 to make it look more like Woody's
 
William the Goat posing as Buzz Lightyear 
Who doesn't love Buzz?  He has attitude!  The simple change of eye color and the addition of eyebrows changes the look.
 
I'll be back tomorrow with my second card for the challenge.  To see more from the team as well some fabulous inspiration from around the web - visit Karen's Facebook Page where she shares her finds daily.  Don't forget to visit the Elizabeth Crafts Designs Blog for great ideas everyday and on Wednesday October 14, 2015 you can see what the entire team did for this challenge as well as a new video from Karen.
 
Have a crafty week,
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh S@ndy, this is such fun! I loved the film and my son loved Etch-a-sketch so this brought back wonderful memories! Woody is my all time favourite character and you have made such a fabulous job of transforming the characters! Very clever and lots of fun! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing ... love how you turned the characters into Toy Story characters ... think my fav is Mr Potato Head :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, this is so absolutely clever and creative. LOVE it - and thanks for the step-out pics!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.