Thursday, April 2, 2015

Through The Looking Glass

Hi Vintage Travelers,

Today is the start of a new challenge month at A Vintage Journey.  Our lovely host, Julia, has chosen "Through the Looking Glass" as her theme for the month.  I hope that you will drop by to see all the fabulous work from the Creative Guides and perhaps join the fun by posting a project. 
 
As for me - I started out with a quote from Bruce Lee. "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done".  That is something that often happens to me and I get in a creative stall.  Here is where I ended up.

 
Although you can't see the covers on the clock faces, trust me, they are there.  I think this canvas shows how time can simply fly away when you "over think" a project.
 
A Few Steps Along The Way
 
 
I started by covering the canvas with tissue paper and thin gesso.
 

 
I added some Distress Paint.
 
 
I spread the paint around with a baby wipe.  I didn't like the color at first so added
 more paint.
 
 
Here you can see that I used some of Tim's great layering stencils.
 

I also used some modeling paste and stencil on the side.
 

I just kept adding things until I was happy with the result. 
 
 
Luckily I didn't have to do much die cutting as I simply went through my stash and found some things I wanted to use.
 
 
Hope you have a great weekend and don't spend too much time thinking,
more time crafting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.