Sunday, March 29, 2015

Flutter Card

Hi All

I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday.  We are having a warm spell here in Arizona.  Feels more like summer than spring. 

I have been working on a card that I wanted to share, it is made with the Butterfly Pivot Card die from Karen Burniston.  I wanted it to appear that the butterflies were fluttering all around the inside of the card. I tried a technique that I've had on my mind for awhile.  The Wednesday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is all about birthdays so will enter my card there.

 
I made the pivot card as usual and then cut 2 spirals from clear sheets using the Spiral Circle Pull Card die.  The acetate that I used is an overhead projector sheet.  These sheets are strong but thin and when you see the card in person you can't see it at all.
I attached the inside of the circle to the wings of the large Butterflies, closed the card to find the placement and then glued the outer edge of the spiral to the card.
  
The card closes completely flat but when opened the butterflies come flying out from everywhere.
 

In the photo above you can see the acetate because I photographed it in high definition and close up.
 
Hope you have enjoyed my adventure into fluttering butterflies-
Have a great week,
S@ndy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.