Saturday, August 9, 2014

Here Moosey, Moosey-----

Greetings from beautiful Alaska,

Well, so far on our trip we have seen some pretty awesome things but I'm still on the lookout for a male Moose.   We have set out on several Moose hunts - armed with only a camera to capture one but so far they have managed to elude us.  Today it's raining so I decided to make a tag depicting, what else?, a Moose.  Since it seems they are hiding from us, I went silly with this one. 


Here he is peeking out at us from the trees, and laughing, I'm sure.  I had some fun with this and have to admit that I was laughing myself.  I hope you are having a chuckle too.  I used a word stick at the top that says "FIND".   I really would love to FIND one.

I plan to link this to Tim's blog as an entry for this month's tag. He said that just about anything goes. He told us to use our own creative imagination so I did.

I don't have a full tutorial today but a couple pictures of the process.


I colored my tag with Evergreen Bough DI and then added the sun with one of Tim's stencils and some modeling paste - then colored it with Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade.  I then removed some of the color with water and another stencil.  Sadly, most of these details got covered up with the rest of the design but that's just the way it goes sometimes.


I cut the moose face by hand and then used the Trophy Antlers Die and the movers and shapers Mustache Die.  I added lots of trees and foliage from several other dies.  When I got to this point I felt I needed some more so I added some color to the antlers and then added some more trees and things.  I also used some pinecones I found at one of our stops.


Thanks for indulging my silliness.  Hope you have enjoyed my tag and have had a laugh. 

If  you have lasted this long and care to stick around, I have added some pictures of the real thing (female only) as well as some other things we have been lucky enough to spy.

Have a great weekend and make something just for the fun of it.

S@ndy











And the wildest animal of them all!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tag S@ndy, I love everything about it, especially the moose! It sounds like you are having lots of fun, your photos are great, it certainly is a beautiful part of the world. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag, S@ndy - the moose is hilarious and there's so much dimension in your version of nature! And thank you for sharing the photos of the magnificent real thing - seems like you're having an amazing trip.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.