Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Things-

Hi Blogger Friends,

Today I have a couple card projects to share with you.  I'm excited to be a guest designer for
Karen Burniston's monthly challenge.  This month we are celebrating "Spring" using her Pop it Up Dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Please visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog here this week to see all the projects posted by the fabulous design team.

A WALK IN THE PARK

For my first card I used the Garden Bench Die - what's more fun than a "spring" walk in the park with your pet? 


For the cute little dogs I barrowed some stamps from my friend Rita.  I colored them with Prismacolor Pencils and fussy cut them.  One of the things I enjoy about these dies is that they come with the accessory pieces, the Grass and a Snow Mound is included with the Garden Bench.  For the tree I used the All Seasons Tree Die and used the cloud die (included along with Flowers, Leaves & Snowflakes) cut with green for the tree top.  I made this one using Karen's floating floor technique.  Instructions can be found on her blog here.  I used a bead for the ball by the little guys feet.  All paper is from Stampin Up.  For the card front I used some clipart & fussy cut.

CARD FRONT --


SPRING IS IN THE AIR

Since I just got the next dies, the Accordion Fancy Label Die & the Fancy Frame Edges, I just had to use them.  I have included a complete tutorial on this card at the end of the post.


I knew as soon as I saw it that I had to use the bird with the crown for this one.   


The little birds in flight are from Elizabeth Crafts #709.

CARD FRONT --


I used a cute little bird paper clip that I had in my stash to hold the card closed for the photo and I rather liked it so think it will stay.

HERE'S HOW I DID IT


I started out with two paper pads from DCWV that worked well together.  They are The Primrose and The Collage Art pads with wonderful spring colors and some glitter. I recently purchased these so they are still available at you local craft store.


I cut the 4 panels from blue paper from the paper pad.  When using the Accordion Dies it's a good habit to lay your panels out with all the connecting tabs going in the same direction.  I have found that this prevents silly mistakes.  I put some arrows on the photo to illustrate what I mean.


Next I started cutting the inner panels using the coordinating dies.  It is easy to get just what you want from the paper because you can see exactly where it will cut.  I use either a magnetic platform or hold the die down with a Post It Note.


Using a great tip from Karen I ran the paper through the Xyron machine and then cut 16 pieces using the Fancy Frame Edge Die.  I then attached them to the panels.


Next came the decorating, I cut my inner panels and embossed them & added them to the blue panels.  I don't like white edges showing so I edged all my panels with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.


After printing my phrases on the computer I cut them out using the dies.


The birds were all cut using Stampin Up cardstock in bright spring colors.  Rein stone eyes were added.  When I added them to the card I put some pop dots on the back.


After cutting the flowers from the paper I added them on the outside edges of the card.


Because I didn't like the flowers on the back showing when the card was closed I added a panel cut using the Agatha Edge Die.  After adding one more bird(also from the paper pad), I was done.




Hope you have enjoyed my cards and are inspired to make a card (or two) of your own.

Happy Crafting, (it's National Craft Month)
S@ndy

2 comments:

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.