Sunday, September 15, 2013

September Tim Tag

Hi Everyone

This month Tim Holtz did his tag with lots and lots of layers using his new stencils.   My stencils arrived earlier this week and I couldn't wait to use them.  I decided to do a 5 X 7 canvas instead of a tag and I am pretty happy with it, especially for my first try.

 
 
This was lots of fun since I decided to do as Tim says and "embrace imperfection".  I used many of  my Ranger supplies including distress paint, stains and inks.  The newest product that I tried out is Wendy Vecchi's Translucent Embossing Paste and I have to says I LOVE IT!!!  I used it with the Rays Stencil between 2 layers of color.  It dries clear revealing the color and stenciling below and then acts as a resist for any other colors added.  I know I will be using this product a lot.  For the words on the rays and the eye I used Remnant Rubs.
 
 
This is a little out of the box for me (I know, there's a box??) but it was fun - I hope you enjoy and would love some comments.
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your tag! I especially love the way your stencils look!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.