Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Creepy Time of Year

While I was traveling this summer I had an idea for this project but of course I didn't have the right items with me so I had to wait.  However, I did get lucky and found this great paper from DCWV "Spooky Time Stack" on sale during my travels.  It turned out to be a good thing since this month the challenge over at Inspiration Emporium is Falling For Faux .  I made a "Creepy Time" Easel Card with a faux pocket watch. 





I started out cutting the paper the same as you would any Easel Card.  I made this one 4.5" X 6" so I would have more working space on the front.  When the paper is cut, simply score the front cover in half.

I used the Tim Holtz Pocket Watch Die for the front.  I cut a hole in the front of the card lining it up with the center score line, using the same circle that fits in the center of the Pocket Watch.

 I marked the center of the die with masking tape.
 
Line the fold on the center of the die to make a complete circle. Then run through your machine.  I tape mine on so it doesn't move during the cut process.

 
 The hole is lined up exactly where you want it.
 
 
On my electronic cutter(Xyron Wishblade) I cut 12 circles, four of each size, to make the raised portion of the watch.  I just used regular white cardstock of this.

I glued them all together to make layers.
 
 
I gave them a base coat of Tim's Distress Paint

I then covered the entire watch with liquid embossing ink and silver embossing powder.  I added and melted the embossing powder in sections.  I intentionally over heated some of it to give it texture.  Then  a small amount of black embossing powder was added to give it that tarnished look.
  
I found this creepy little guy at Michael's and glued him to the center of the watch.
 
Next I got to use my new Retro Halloween Stamp and Die Set that came in my order earlier this week.  Such fun, I stamped and embossed the bats and then die cut them. Adding a couple pop dots to the back of one bat to hold the card in place while open.

There you have it - it was fun - ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.