Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!!

Have I mentioned lately that I am a BIG fan of Karen Burniston? (Queen of Pop Up Dies) Well, she doesn't know it but she has solved a problem for me with her latest post.  She is showing how to increase the size of the Accordion Album.  I have a brand new set of Tim Holtz Stamps that had yet to meet ink and wanted to use them with the Accordion Album.  The stamps were just a little too big but after seeing Karen's project --  PROBLEM SOLVED --

This is also a good one to enter in the Simon Says Challenge this week.  The stamp you love...(but don't use)  I have to admit the only reason I haven't used these stamps is the fact that they are new.





         Here's how I did it!

I needed the inside frame to be 4 1/4" high - so following Karen's directions I marked my die at 2 1/8" and placed the fold of the cardstock on the taped line. I cut the Accordion Die Frame from Stampin Up, Perfect Plum. I wanted 4 sections so of course cut it 4 times.

I then decided that the best color for the center panels was manila so I used some Smead File Folders.  I cut one panel from scrap paper and then scanned it and cut it out with my Wishblade Electronic Die Cutter.  You could also cut them using the die but I was trying to avoid the center fold.  You could also cut them by hand by tracing and cutting.
For the next step I stamped my images with black Versa Fine Ink and then used clear embossing powder and then heat set.  I colored selected sections of each stamp with Prismacolor Pencils and inked the edges of each panel with Perfect Plum ink.


In order to hide the fold line in the outer frame I decided to emboss the center sections.
I had an old AccuCut Pad that I cut with the Tim Holtz Scissors and placed it on top of the folder.  I taped the pad down to the folder so it wouldn't move when going through the machine. After it is run through the machine it is embossed only where the pad was placed.
 
After joining all the sections and adding the stamped images it's time to join the panels with the tabs and embellish, my favorite part.

A few flowers from the Tattered Flower Garland Die, edged with Perfect Plum, and a couple things from my stash - it's good to go.

SPRING HAS SPRUNG - ENJOY !!

26 comments:

  1. Love this project. Perfect for spring. Very cute and versatile album and shows off Tim's blueprint stamps wonderfully.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece, as previously said, perfect for spring, your pastel colour scheme really shows it off to it's best too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and very creative. You did an amzing job on this !!! Thanks a lot for sharing !!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, thanks for explaining how this was done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this is wonderful, Sandy! I love the technique of embossing some areas of the album with a partial plate. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hint about embossing. Now I just have to find a junky pad to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card and thank you for that great embossing tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ... I can't believe it ... I just got that die and have been playing around with it and I was gonna use those stasmps to create spring (WoW... how often does that happen... someone's idea is that close to your own) !!
    I love what you did !

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! Those colors are to "die" for. Tks for sharing ur tut with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever and so SPRINGY! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tim Holtz said to come and see your project. I have all the dies and stamps you mentioned. (not the AccuCut Pad) I have to try this. A great card! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, Very clever.....may have to do this one...Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, Sandy! Love what you did with those stamps and the Sizzix dies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tim sent me! Your card is fantastic! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Easter project, Tim was so right to send us over here! Love it all but especially your tip for embossing the crease.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Easter project! Tim sent me here and it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Congrats on getting a shout out from Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, love your embossing tip! Congrats on your shout out from Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card...the embossing is soooo clever - TFS how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love this card! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.