Saturday, October 20, 2012

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Yesterday was my turn to host our card group that meets once a month, Cardology.   I decided to do the Christmas Tree Pop Up Die from
Karen Burniston and Sizzix, did I tell you that Karen is one of my idols.

Here are some photos of the project.


The front of the card sorta looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree (an older Sizzix Die from our scrapbook club) but when you open it you will see that it has become something special.  For the front I used one of Tim's embossing folders, the card base is Cherry Cobbler and the tree is Garden Green both from Stampin' Up.


At first I thought my guests wanted to kill me because it looked so complicated but in the end they all left with a finished card.



Here is a view of the construction from the top.  To finish the card, all that is needed is a stamped sentiment and it's good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.