Saturday, May 21, 2011

Packaging Challenge

Over at the Inspiration Emporium they are having a packaging challenge that I thought would be a good one for me to enter since I used  Grunge Board packaging to make this Le Cirque box using Graphic 45 paper.

The box is from Maya Road, I removed the hardware (I'll use it at another time) and a plastic window from the top. I added different hardware and covered the box with paper.  I cut a piece of Grunge Board packaging to fit the window opening.  I then covered the packaging with black cardstock and glued it to the inside of the lid.  This gave the lid a 3D effect.



Hopefully the last pic will not be too blurry as it is a close up of the effect.  I also used a piece of clear packaging to back the clown so he would stand up where I wanted him.  I put the Lion Tamer in the background with the clown in the center and then added a toy elephant that I got at Michael's.  The ringmaster has been dressed up a bit with some Stickles lightly painted on the cape, brads on the buttons, feathers on his hat and shoes and gold Flowersoft on the cuff & shoes.  Hope you like it!  Stay tuned for the mini that will live inside the 3 ring circus.


2 comments:

  1. Sandy I just happened upon your blog from the Graphics 45 blog today and I am just blown away with your creativity you are one awesome, talented lady!!!!!!WOW is all I can really say!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I have this paper saved to make a project. It will turn into something one of these days! Love this box!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for commenting.